Library Information of Southern University Bangladesh
The total collection of the Library (including the departmental library)
- More than 11,666 Books
- Journal Hard Copy about 1300
- Audio-Visual Material about 700
- E-Journals: JSTOR
- Research Report
Services: The Library of Southern University Bangladesh provides the following services to its users
- Lending service
- Reference service
- Reading room service
- Newspaper service
- Internet facilities
- News clipping
- Audiovisual service
- Selective Dissemination of Information Service- SDI
- Current Awareness Service – CAS
- Database Searching
- Discovery Search
- CD Writing,
- Group Discussion
- Reader guidance service
- Reprographic service
Borrowing Library Materials:
- Every student can borrow two books instead of his/her ID card only for reading room use (as reference service).
- Every teacher can borrow ten books for a semester instead of the Library card.
- Reference books, journals, audio-visual materials and other important materials of the library shall not be issued from the library without permission of the library authority.
- All kinds of books, journals, periodicals, and Audiovisual materials shall be issued to the student for using inside the library.
- No official documents will be issued to the students, faculty members and officials without library clearance. All kinds of dues must be paid/refreshed for clearance.
Behaviors at the Reading Room
- Pin drop silence is a pre-condition for the library atmosphere – and every reader should follow it.
- A library is a place for study; the behavior of students should reflect this and students should respect the needs of others.
- Gathering unnecessarily in front of the circulation and safekeeping counter is not allowed.
- The borrower will be responsible for his/her document.
- First come first served system will be followed.
- Materials must be returned on/before the due date.
- Mobile phones must be kept and switched off also not be used anywhere within the library.
- Foods, drinks, (except plain water), smoking etc, are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Writing or marking on books/reading materials and a reading table is strictly prohibited.
- Any damage or loss of library materials will entail a fine as per library rules.
- Students are not entitled to shelve the books.
- The serious offense will be prosecuted immediately under the University’s code of discipline and will result in suspension of the library facilities pending inquiry or punishment decided by the authority.