Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
With the gradual demand of the society and technological enhancement and excellence, the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started his academic journey in September 2008, with the undergraduate program.
At Southern University Bangladesh, a balanced portfolio of degrees, introducing advanced subjects within the context of practical engineering is offered. This provides an appreciation of the whole field allowing you to make informed and flexible choices about your project work. EEE department offers Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in EEE. It is a 4 years program that requires 162.0 credit hours. For diploma holders under the Bangladesh Technical Education Board (3/4 years), it is a 3 year four months program that requires 142.0 credit hours and the remaining 20 credit hours counted from his diploma degree courses. For accepting these 20 credit hours, the students have to submit all of his/her diploma transcripts (Eight semesters (4 years)/six semesters (3 years). All its degree courses are accredited by the UGC and Bangladesh Government. The total number of graduate students from this department is 936 whereas a current number of students is 500.
It is hoped that this brochure provides the answers to most of the questions you have about the opportunities available when studying electrical and electronic engineering at SUB.
The vision of EEE department is to attain academic excellence in our academic programs for creating globally competitive professionals by creating congenial teaching, learning and research environment.
With this vision, the mission of the department of EEE is to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills needed for high-quality engineering work along with advanced engineering research in order to prepare them for diverse and competitive career paths through the 4 years curriculum in 12 semesters.
The program objectives of the EEE department of Southern University Bangladesh have been set in such a way so that after graduation the students can demonstrate:
- The ability to design and solve the problems in at least one special area such as electrical or electronic hardware, control system, electromagnetic fields and waves, and communication, signal processing etc.
- The ability to identify and solve engineering problems.
- The understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- The ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- The ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- The confidence and depth of knowledge to conduct the subsequent post-graduate study.